Thursday, 26 August 2010
These are my all time favourite cookies. Bar none.
They're moist, chewy and pretty much irresistible. I've made numerous variations of these... raspberry & chocolate; chocolate & pecan; ginger, walnut & chocolate. The possibilities are endless. These orange & dark chocolate ones are something special though. Recipe adapted from here.
125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1tsp orange extract
225g self raising flour
100g dark chocolate chips
100g Lindt Orange Intense dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Makes 24-28 cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with ungreased baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and two types of sugar together.
3. Add the egg and orange extract and stir.
4. Sift in the flour and add the chocolate.
5. Roll the mixture into walnut sized balls and place on the baking tray.
6. Bake for 7 or 8 minutes, until the cookies are just beginning to set.
7.Take them out of the oven and leave to harden for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
8. Eat them all and experience feelings of remorse and guilt.
Or, if like me you're on a diet, eat one and then pack the rest up, take them to work and make all your work colleagues worship you. Seriously, these cookies are that good.