Sunday, 7 February 2010
Lots of thanks to the lovely Anything Fits a Naked Man for giving me this award. I'm not sure exactly how beautiful either myself or this blog really are but I do love me a compliment. I'm supposed to list seven interesting things about myself and then tag seven other bloggers. My problem is this: I've been writing in this blog now for almost 18 months. I've done a few of these 'interesting facts' lists now and I'm not sure how many things there are left to tell, aside from TMI things that noone needs to hear. (FYI, buy me a large gin 'n' tonic and I'll tell you as many TMI things as your heart desires). Let's see what I can come up with...
1) I fear window cleaners. Not as a general rule, you understand. No, I only fear windowcleaners if I'm in the room of which they are cleaning the windows. Example: I was sitting at my desk this morning, happily minding my own business, obsessively checking Twitter/drinking green tea/avoiding work. All of a sudden the top of a ladder appears at the window. The Fear begins. The window cleaner climbs the ladder, merrily sloshing his bucket of water about, squeegee in hand. And then it happens. We make eye contact. I spend the next ten minutes not knowing where to look. Awkwardness pervades my every movement. I blush for no reason at all. That is why I fear window cleaners.
2) I cannot use the toilet at work if someone else is in another cubicle. I have no idea why. I just can't do it. Call it stage fright. Call it being a girl and not wanting anyone to know that I wee. Call it whatever you like. It all boils down to the fact that I am a giant freak.
3) I was once held at knife point at a bus stop in Nottingham. On the same street I also once saw a man waving a gun about. Both of these things may give you a clue as to why I left Nottingham.
4) I get extremely upset when I hear about animal cruelty or abuse of the elderly. If I know there's going to be a news story about it I usually switch off as I'd just rather not know. I find it very hard to forget things that upset me like that and I regularly cry at the news. Sometimes thinking about the world that we live in makes me terribly sad. For the most part though I'm a very chipper person and I genuinely see the wonderful things that exist, rather than the awful.
5) I cannot think about what happens when you die (not that I think about it often) without my brain hurting. Similarly, I find it hard to think about what would happen if the world ended. Who would know it had ended? What would there be? See? BRAIN OUCH.
6) I have never seen Gladiator. Apparently this is shocking. See also Cocktail, Braveheart, Die Hard, The Godfather. Until I met C I'd also never seen Ghostbusters.
7) My favourite song in the whole world is 'You Got the Love' by Candi Staton. It always makes me smile and reminds me of many happy times in my life. Bizarrely I always seem to hear it whenever I need it the most. Many a time when I've been sad and driving somewhere it's started playing on the radio.
So, there you go. I'm not sure how 'interesting' those facts were but I got nothin' else! I tag Smidge, Jenn, PJB, Jeni and anyone else who feels like having a go.