Sunday, 2 January 2011
1) Was 2010 a good year for you?
It was wonderful, in virtually every way. I'm sure it had its low points but, looking back, all I see is happiness and good, positive changes. My Dad's cancer is under control and he's getting back to the man he was before the illness. I own my own house and, although there's a long way to go, it's starting to take shape. I'm no longer unhappy with the way I look and I can now wear leather shorts without fear of being harpooned.
2) What were your favourite moments of the year?
Having dinner at Butter in NYC and three women sending over champagne to our table. My Dad being able to help me decorate my house. The whole holiday to Barcelona. And, although it was right at the end, New Year's Eve!
3) What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Being let down by someone I considered a close friend. However, onwards and upwards!
4) Where were you when 2010 began?
In the gay village. Obviously.
5) Who were you with?
Friends and an assortment of decadent gays.
6) Where will you be when 2010 ends?
I was in a little cafe bar. We won the Quiz of the Year and our prize was 6 litres of scrumpy. Oh yeah. One of the best New Year's Eves ever.
7) Who will you be with when 2010 ends?
I was with some of my favourite people in the world.
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2010?
They were "Just to continue on my road of self discovery (I'm aware that makes me sound like a tosser) and lose weight. Slimming World here I come." Both achieved. A+, good work. Ooh, also my 'plans for 2010' were "To travel a bit, work a bit, live a bit, love a bit, laugh a bit and buy my own house." DONE AND DONE.
9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2011?
I want to hit my target at Slimming World (which is slightly further away post Christmas), get fitter (I'm running the Great Manchester Run in May), blog more and be better with money.
10) Did you fall in love in 2010?
I fell in love with my life.
11) If yes, with who?
See above. There may not be a special someone in my life right now but I'm happier than I've ever been.
12) If yes, do they know?
13) Are you still in love with them?
Currently I am more in love with my life than ever. I'm sitting in my own house, drinking espresso, eating satsumas and catching up on Christmas television. Love.
14) You regret it?
I never regret love, even when it gets me in trouble.
15) Did you breakup with anyone in 2010?
Nope. I had a few dates here and there, but they didn't really go anywhere. I just wasn't interested.
16) Did you make any new friends in 2010?
Yes! I met a lot of incredible people that I know through this blog or Twitter and had some wonderful times with them. Plus new people at work and a few others that appeared along the way.
17) Who are your favourite new friends?
Ah, I don't pick favourites. My London lovelies and my Scottish sweethearts know who they are.
18) What was your favourite month of 2010?
June I think. Glastonbury, hot hot sun and lots of fun times. December was also pretty special though as that's when I moved into the palace.
19) Did you travel outside of your country of residence in 2010?
New York! Barcelona! Paris (on the way to New York!) and Edinburgh!
20) How many different states/provinces did you travel to in 2010?
Again, I'm not an American. I went to one state and three different countries. I want to travel more next year but, the way my bank balance is looking, I'm not sure I can justify it.
21) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2010?
22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Of course. My Nottingham crew and various friends scattered around the country.
23) What was your favourite movie that you saw in 2010?
Toy Story 3 and Precious (although, was that last year?). I didn't see that many films this year, not that I can remember anyway.
24) What was your favourite song from 2010?
Tenderoni - Kele, Regenerate - Booka Shade, Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy, I'm In Love - Alex Gaudino and Wonderful Life - Hurts. They all remind me of very happy times.
25) What was your favourite record from 2010?
'The Boxer' by Kele Okereke. and 'Progress' by Take That. Both make me immeasurably happy.
26) How many concerts did you see in 2010?
Hardly any! Marina and the Diamonds, Kele Okereke (twice), MIA, Kelis, Glastonbury Festival.
27) Did you have a favourite concert in 2010?
Kele Okereke at Leeds Cockpit. Incredible. Oh, and seeing the Pet Shop Boys at Glastonbury. Blew. My. Mind.
28) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010?
Nowhere near as much as last year. My new found slimming regime didn't really allow for it and I often went three weeks without a drink.
29) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010?
I drank a lot of lemsip. 2010 was the year of the cold.
30) How many people did you sleep with in 2010?
A lady doesn't kiss and tell.
31) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
For the first time ever, I don't think so! Bar the usual drunken escapades, I was fairly well behaved this year.
32) Where did most of your money go?
Tax, national insurance and pension. Ugh. Also, my house and the holiday to New York. Oh, and clothes. Losing five stone in weight necessitates a new wardrobe though, right?
33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010?
I'm not aware of any lies. So either everyone I know is a very good liar, or they're all saints.
34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2010?
No, I don't think so.
35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2010?
Yes. I'm still not really sure what I did to deserve it either. C'est la vie!
36) How much money did you spend in 2010?
A lot. Hence why one of my resolutions for 2011 is to be better with money.
37) What was your proudest moment of 2010?
Probably winning Woman of the Year at my Slimming World group. Or getting promoted in March. Or losing over five stone. Or finally getting the keys to my very own house. 2010 was incredible.
38) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2010?
Falling flat on my face in Butter, New York. In front of a full dining room. And then being helped up by the waiter. Mortifying. I wasn't even drunk, just clumsy.
39) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2010 and change something, what would it be?
I honestly wouldn't change a thing.
40) What are your plans for 2011?
Embrace new opportunities, live life to the full, run a 10k race and not die, throw lavish dinner parties, eat well and take care of myself, laugh A LOT, kiss inappropriate boys and dance like noone's watching. Hurrah. I'd also like to develop Clear Your Heart more and see where it can take me.
See last year's list here, and 2008's list here.