Mount's Bay Sunrise by Natasha McCrory
So, the results?
Well, it's not great news. But it's also not terrible news. My Dad's got prostate cancer. But it hasn't spread, it's slow growing and its non aggressive. His Consultant thinks he's had it for about ten or eleven years, which absolutely terrifies me to be honest. But he's ok. There is to be no operation. No chemotherapy. Radiotherapy and hormone therapy (to which I shouted 'tranny!') only. So that's good, I guess. Part of me can't quite believe that he can have had it for so long and that it can still be contained in the prostate. But he's had scans and I suppose you have to put your trust in the doctors. Difficult to do so though.
In other news, i've decided to make some resolutions. Not new year's resolutions, obviously, but June resolutions. Because I've been stuck in a bit of a rut recently and things need to change...
- To lose three stone. I've rediscovered my friendship with the gym and I'm going to try and go at least three times a week. I've also been religiously sticking to a new healthy eating regime since Sunday and that's going to continue for the foreseeable future (with a short break for Glastonbury in three weeks time). With hard work, patience and a bit of support I know I can achieve fantastic results. This time it's serious.
- To have more new experiences, visit new places and have more adventures. I want country walks, bike riding and I'd also really like to go up Snowdon in the near future. Plus more camping. Camping rocks my world.
- To drink less alcohol. Me and C have made a two week 'no booze' pact and, to be honest, I'm relishing it. San Pellegrino with a chunk of lime for me please. Less calories, fewer hangovers, less drinker's remorse. Bring it on. This also goes hand in hand with the 'have more adventures' resolution as there should be far fewer mornings spent languishing in bed with a headache.
- To set myself more challenges. Learn a new language, take an art class, sign up for a 5k run. All of the above are things I'd really like to do, plus innumerate others. I want to grow as a person and become the best that I can be. If you're not growing, you're stagnating.
- To let go of the past, live in the here and now and be more excited for the future. Because I see great things on the horizon.
I think that'll do for now.
If you had to make some resolutions right now, what would they be?